With the concept of green traveling getting popular, travelers are now looking forward to fulfilling their wanderlust along with working towards the betterment of the environment. When we travel, we are so indulged in the experience that at times we forget about the waste that we might be creating- from plastic bags and boxes to toiletries. Travelers, nowadays, have become cautious and a lot of them prefer to choose eco-friendly options including renting environment-friendly cars from services such as nu car rental las vegas instead of flying as this is most important ever to a number of people.
Here are a few ideas to make sure your travel is eco-friendly:
Take Road Trips
- For all those travelers traveling with family, consider taking a road trip provided the destination is within driving distance. If you don’t own a good eco-friendly car, rent one that produces less carbon and consumes less fuel. Plenty of car rental services such as rental24h provide all types of eco-friendly cars to ensure the least damage to the environment. It’s environmentally friendly and definitely more fun!
- If you must fly, try not to take a connecting flight as landing and take-off have the maximum carbon emissions.
- However, it is always wise to use public transport whenever possible to make a huge contribution towards the betterment of the environment.
Carry Minimum Luggage
Certainly one of the most unusual tips, carrying light luggage could actually make a big impact. The lesser the weight on the vehicle, the lesser is the fuel consumption and carbon emission.
Use Re-usable Containers and Bags
- Instead of buying a water bottle every time you are thirsty, carry a reusable bottle that you can fill up from the water dispensers at the airports, bus and train stations, and hotels. This will not only be friendly to your environment but also to your pockets.
- Using reusable containers for snacks and drinks can help you reduce the amount of waste that goes into the environment.
Also, carrying your own reusable bag while shopping is another way you can save some plastic waste!
Find an Eco-friendly Accommodation
Always go for a homestay or stay at a friend’s place if it’s an option. If you must take a hotel, choose a hotel that has effective recycling, energy-saving, and waste treatment programs.
Treat Your Hotel Room as Your Own
When you stay in a hotel room, you can avoid a lot of waste just by:
- choosing short showering over the bathing
- turning off the water when brushing or shaving
- turning off electronics when not in use
- washing your own clothes instead of giving them to the hotel laundry
- drying your towels after every use so that you wouldn’t need a new one every time
- disposing of all the sanitary waste properly
The bottom line is:
Be it walking or using public transport such as trains and buses or renting cars from eco-friendly rental services such rental24h to treating your hotel room as your home, you could keep our planet safe not just for yourself but also for the generations to come.